Purpose: To be knowledgeable of all hotel facilities, services, and local attractions. Perform duties in accordance with The Meritage Resort at Napa standards. Ensures guest satisfaction through maintaining quality assurance standards. Provides prompt and courteous food and beverage service to restaurant guests during their dinning experiance ensuring guests satisfaction, and revenue maximization.
Responsibilities: To include but not limited to the assigned duties.
· Exceed guest expectations.
· Describes all menu items; methods of preparation and prices as needed. Must have extensive knowledge of all menu items. Works with guests to accommodate special request and special dietary needs.
· Up sells established menu items or specials to maximize food and beverage revenues.
· Performs pre- and post-shift sidework; set-up, breakdown, condiments ect.
· Pre-busses tables to keep guests eating area clear of dirty dishes.
· Performs running duties throughout a shift to help assist in the operation of the shift.
· Server must have a minimum $20.00 cash bank on hand to provide change to guests paying cash. At the end of a shift, server will turn in all sales tickets, credit card vouchers, and all monies collected throughout the shift. The amounts must match those that are reflected on the server report run at the end of a server shift. Any variances must be accounted for.
· Responds to guest inquiries and special requests promptly to ensure guest satisfaction; notifies supervisor of guests complaints and unusual situations.
· Assist Host/Hostess in greeting and seating guests, and may also assist bussers in clearing and setting up tables.
The major responsibility in this position is to provide prompt and courteous service to banquet guests, therefore a significant portion of time is spent speaking, listening, walking, standing, lifting, bending, and carrying. The vast majority of time is spent serving menu items, which is done while standing, lifting, bending and carrying. Carrying and lifting items occurs frequently. Cleaning the tables is also accomplished while standing up and walking around the facility. Communication skills are used significantly, when responding to guest inquiries, speaking with co-workers and when given instructions.
At Pacific Hospital of Long Beach, we strive to be a Center of Excellence in all that we do for our patients and our employees.
PHLB is a...