The Marketing Assistant will support the manager by researching the restaurant industry competition and landscape, support the development of promotional programs to drive guest count and spending and increase opt-ins for online databases and social media. Assist with other hospitality needs and year-round Fairplex facility and event sales and marketing.
Must possess or be working towards a bachelor’s degree in hospitality and restaurant management, marketing, business administration or a related field and a minimum of three years practical experience with a combination of training and responsible experience in an advertising or marketing environment. Must be a self-starter and have excellent written and oral communication skills. Requires ability to coordinate several activities and projects simultaneously and be able to work effectively under pressure and deadlines. Refined leadership abilities as well as public speaking and presentation, sales, creative and analytical skills are essential. Must possess analytical, report writing and copywriting skills. Must have experience working with various computer applications including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office. Experience working with social media is a plus. Experience working with Adobe applications, such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop or Contribute is a plus. Fluency in another language is a plus. Requires organizational skills and the ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Understands the Fairplex, Finish Line Sports Grill and McKinley’s Grille brands and becomes a brand champion for all outdoor, print, online and electronic projects.
- Assists in cross-promotion of our restaurant and hospitality brands to Fairplex guests.
- Assists in ensuring materials are created correctly, within branding guidelines, and delivered on time.
- Assists with researching potential advertising partners.
- Assists in negotiations and monitoring of execution of media and print buy/trade.
- Assists and partners with designers and copywriters to advertise and promote events at Finish Line Sports Grill and McKinley’s Grille, including but not limited to collateral, electronic pieces, outdoor, social media, print, TV, direct mail, premium items, radio, etc.
- Assists in identifying grassroots marketing events designed to increase trial and local awareness of Finish Line Sports Grill and McKinley’s Grille brands to diverse groups.
- Assists in further increasing our local footprint to partner with more local businesses, community organizations and neighbors for more group events at both restaurants.
- Works with management teams of each restaurant to assist with the creation of marketing plans, including budget.
- Assist with special projects in marketing and communication as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be able to type and use various computer software applications.
- Must be able to communicate over the telephone.
- Must be able to drive.
- Must be able to move around the grounds.
- Analysis, report writing, public speaking and copywriting skills.
- Available for weekend and evening shifts
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 15 pounds
- Must be able to climb stairs
Fairplex (Los Angeles County Fair Association) - 15 months ago