Alvarez & Marsal, LLC, a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its Restructuring team. With more than 1,700 professionals based in locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem-solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
Associates should be prepared to work in a team environment and are expected to manage discrete aspects of work streams. The projects and work streams will require creativity, resourcefulness and independent judgment. You will be expected to help develop solutions to problems and provide value to clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business Major) and/or MBA
- Professional certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP), or Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA) or demonstrated progress towards such certifications preferred
- Four or more years of work experience in corporate restructuring, investment or commercial banking, and/or consulting or corporate positions with a financial or accounting focus. Some prior restructuring experience is preferred.
- Demonstrate an intermediate level of experience with a number of the following areas:
- Analysis of financial statements and preparation of financial models including integrated 3-statement financial models
- Understanding of the bankruptcy process
- Analysis of cash flows and preparation of 13-week cash flow forecast models
- Understanding of the key operational performance drivers of a business
- Ability to extract useful information from large sets of unorganized or incomplete data
- Interaction with clients/personnel at all levels of a corporation
- Ability to manage discrete aspects of multiple work streams and train lower level staff (organizational skills)
- Uses problem solving skills to provide alternative solutions to complex issues
- Commitment to promoting integrity, leadership and objectivity
- Entrepreneurial team player who can excel in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
- Confident speaker & presenter (can communicate with personnel at all levels)
- Efficient business writer
- Shows potential to develop a network of restructuring industry contacts (attorneys, bankers, etc.)
- Willingness to travel up to 100%