Alvarez & Marsal (A&M), a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its Restructuring team. With more than 2,300 professionals based in locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem-solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
A&M’s Turnaround and Restructuring practice offers critical assistance to companies that are underperforming, in a crisis, or are healthy, but with underperforming divisions. Working directly with company management, A&M helps stabilize financial and operational performance by developing and implementing comprehensive profitability and working capital plans. A&M's involvement reassures creditors and investors that the company is taking steps to address its problems and maximize its value.
A Director will be required to work on a diverse range of complex assignments, alongside other experienced management professionals, in the areas of turnaround management, crisis and interim management, and advisory services. A Director can expect to focus on all aspects of financial and operational restructuring and turnaround initiatives both in and out of bankruptcy or financial distress.
Among other key tasks and efforts, Directors:
- Oversee stabilizing core operations
- Formulate and manage turnaround plans
- Negotiate with senior management, unions and vendors, and other constituents
- Manage staff
- Directly apply specialized or technical expertise to finance, accounting, or other designated functional areas
- Day-to-day management of operations as diverse as finance, human resources, procurement, logistics, transportation, etc.
Demonstrate an advanced level of experience with a number of the following areas:
- Bachelor’s degree from a top undergraduate business program or MBA
- Professional certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP), or Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA) or demonstrated progress toward such certifications preferred
- 10+ years of work experience in corporate restructuring, investment or commercial banking, and/or consulting or corporate positions with a financial or accounting focus, 6+ years of restructuring experience is required.
- Strong financial modeling experience and solid understanding of financial statements
- Ability to identify key operational performance drivers, cash flow forecasting, and flexibility to support clients with a broad array of issues
- Experience in developing a business plan
- Demonstrated management capability and operational experience
- Possess authoritative qualities in order to be viewed as a leader
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to communicate with all levels of client personnel
- Commitment to promoting integrity, leadership and objectivity
- Entrepreneurial team player who can excel in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
- Confident and efficient speaker, presenter and business writer
- Shows potential to develop or has an already existing network of restructuring industry contacts (attorneys, bankers, etc.)
- Willingness to travel up to 100%
It is A&M's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation in accordance with all applicable laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and city entities.
Alvarez & Marsal - 30+ days ago
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...