The Retail Advertising Manager oversees and manages advertising sales and support for all retail (ROP & digital), national (ROP & digital), preprint, TMC and Sunday Select revenue. Develops advertising sales teams that consistently exceed assigned departmental revenue goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan sales strategies that increase revenue goals in all areas – including digital.
- Prepare and train team leaders/reps to achieve revenue goals in all areas – including digital.
- Train staff to develop territory and target correct businesses with appropriate products.
- Develop budgets that are aggressive yet achievable
- Field train reps with in person sales calls/evaluations
- Personally develop accounts through targeting and sales calls
- Develop sales reports that lead to increased productivity and additional revenue
- Plan territory activity with team leaders and reps in forward looking manner
Qualifications: Four year degree in Advertising and or Marketing, with 5 years of proven advertising experience.
Must be able to handle decision making and identify, investigate and solve problems. Proficient computer skills including email, record keeping, database, word processing, spreadsheet and graphics. Good written and oral communication skills required. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds. Proof of valid SC Drivers License required
The McClatchy Company
- 2 years ago - save job