Retail Applications Specialist
About Earth Fare
As one of the largest natural food retailers in the nation, Earth Fare makes healthy eating convenient, affordable, fun and – of course – delicious! With 29 stores in nine states, we offer everything from ready-to-go meal options, local and organic farm fresh fruits and vegetables, and full service meat, poultry and seafood departments. Everyone knows that food is big business. But, it hasn’t been until recently that organic and natural foods have exploded as the fastest growing sector in the industry. Earth Fare is at the forefront of this movement.
Earth Fare is currently seeking a Retail Applications Specialist to join the Information Technology team in our Fletcher, NC location. The Retail Applications Specialist reports to the Director of IT and is responsible for implementing and managing a computer-assisted ordering and inventory management system. Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, supplemental support for other related retail applications. The ideal candidate will have experience with retail systems and applications in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Implement and manage a computer-assisted ordering and inventory management system
- Collaborate with product category/department managers and operations personnel to effectively map business processes to the computer-assisted ordering and inventory management system
- Work with operations and receiving personnel to establish strict guidelines for receiving product
- Implement and manage demand driven replenishment system dashboards and reports, including maintenance of ordering/inventory system analytics, in an effort to continually monitor and improve system effectiveness
- Collaborate with internal IT staff to ensure seamless integration between new ordering/inventory system and existing retail systems
- Ensure that appropriate methodologies are used and in place to ensure a stable retail environment and end user experience with regard to product ordering and inventory management
- Manage and troubleshoot system issues as needed
- Act as supplemental support for backend retail systems and applications
- Participate in various projects involving retail applications and systems as needed
- Possible participation in on-call rotation (no more than one week per 1 to 1.5 months)
- Possibility for light travel as needed
Earth Fare is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive wages, vacation, 401k, great working environment, employee discount, and flexible working hours.
At Earth Fare, we’ve instituted a policy of open communication between management and team members, and we promote from within whenever possible (and there's plenty of opportunity for advancement!).
*This is a full time position located in Fletcher, North Carolina. The qualified candidate will be located within a daily commutable distance of the office.*
- Working knowledge of and the ability to use Windows and Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn/adapt to new applications/systems quickly; detail oriented
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw accurate conclusions
- Ability to multitask in an effective manner and to work successfully in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to draft routine correspondence and manage information and data in a confidential and professional manner
- Ability to balance the demands of new requests, support, and customer expectations
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, take and/or establish direction in a team-oriented environment, and be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Earth Fare - 12 months ago
Earth Fare, founded in 1975, is an Asheville, North Carolina-based natural foods grocer. Since inception, it has grown into one of the...