Bayside Search Group is working with a high fashion women’s apparel specialty multi-channel retailer looking to hire an Associate Merchant for Ladies woven’s, tops/shirts/dresses and an Associate Merchant for Ladies knits, tops/bottoms. These positions are on a fast track opportunity to a full pledged Buyer position.
The company, located in vacation paradise South Florida, paid out early bonuses to their merchant teams this year due to incredible sales performance. They are expanding their corporate campus to include a fitness club and onsite daycare facilities. Over the past 12-18 months they have implemented programs to support a culture of growth, development, and empowerment. The company is offering full relocation, competitive base and bonus, and all the other bells and whistles you would expect.
- Work with Planners and Merchant teams to build 6-month financial plans.
- Manage on-order and receipts to ensure timely delivery and projected inventory and density levels.
- Analyze the business and assist the Merchant in all financial areas.
- Assist the Merchant in all strategic planning aspects of the department.
- Collaborate with the Merchant in driving the overall direction and performance of a merchandising category or department.
- Partner with Merchant in development of assortment strategy for department based on categories of business, price point, fabrication/yarn and vendors
- Participate in product reviews with Cross-Functional Teams.
- Partner with design to ensure the vision of the product is reflective of the strategies and needs of the business.
- Partner with Creative Merchandise Manager and Visual to provide product knowledge for stores.
- Track daily receipts and communicate with vendor to ensure timely receipts.
- Some travel as needed for store visits and market shows.
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS:
- 4-Year College Degree Preferred
- 2-4 years related work experience in Brand Development and Merchandising
- Broad-based business acumen with potential to grow to Merchant level
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Fashion sense to envision and interpret fashion trends
- Strong presentation, communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Understands the competition, target customer, and Brand-specific fashion trends
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Full benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Future growth opportunities within the organization