High School graduate or equivalent required
Works as a team member of Food & Nutrition Services. Responsible for cash register operations. Assists with the food preparation and maintenance of dining area. Follows safety and sanitary guidelines and keeps work area clean and sanitized.
1. Operates a cash register, POS, or equivalent; receives payments of cash and charges from customers and employees; makes change and issues receipts or tickets.
2. Maintains proper security of cash at all times; verifies cash register total at the beginning of a shift; records, totals and summarizes funds received; assists in locating, reconciling and verifying the accuracy of transactions.
3. Prepares for service before the meal; sets up and stocks the beverage area or other assigned areas, to include the changing of beverage bibs and/or CO2; ensures acceptable appearance of the dining area; stocks and maintain supplies to par levels and assists with side duties as needed.
4. Assists with food preparation; operates a variety of kitchen equipment; measuring and mixing ingredients; washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables.
5. Assists with tray delivery and pick up and in the dish room when needed.
6. Cleans and sanitizes work stations and equipment and follows all department and regulator rules and procedures. Follows HACCP/ServSafe procedures to ensure proper sanitation and safety standards. Records and maintains HACCP records according to established department guidelines.
7. Demonstrates stewardship through inventory and food waste control.
8. Communicates effectively with patients, customers, and coworkers to ensure customer satisfaction and the effective flow of food production.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Intermediate computer skills and the ability to operate the food service computer system;
- Ability to perform basic mathematic calculations;
- Ability to read and follow written instructions and recipes;
- Demonstrated knowledge of POS/cash register system;
- Demonstrates proper phone etiquette;
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, excellent organizational skills, sound judgment and attention to detail;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to work in a high volume and high stress environment with varying hours and shifts.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Res taurant, hotel, foodservice, or hospital setting experience.
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 14 months ago
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...