A Retail Buyer plays an important role in our organization. This person is analytical, an excellent communicator, a results-oriented professional, someone who views the business through the lens of our customers. This role would have responsibility over different categories: curated products, watches, leather, paper goods, an others; serving the Shinola stores, e-commerce, and being involved supporting the international team.
- Work in partnership with the creative, retail, and sales teams to develop a thorough understanding of the needs, wants and expectations of the customer
- Ensures assortment planning best practices and allocation strategies
- Manages the timely placement and maintenance of purchase orders.
- Build monthly financial projections for each category to achieve targeted sales, margin, and turn goals
- Build a comprehensive understanding of the market and competitors in each of the categories
- Analyze and inform to different teams category potential performance, and planned category penetration. Quickly analyze, understand and report to different teams product sales trends, breaking down information into pieces to identify obstacles and opportunities while making adjustments to maximize sales
- Develop seasonal merchandise strategies based on customers' expectations, projected sales movement, and fashion trends
Profile of the ideal candidate:
- Very analytical
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong Business acumen
- Problem solving skills
- 5 plus years of current or recent experience working as a Buyer or Merchant is required
- Experience tracking historical sales data and forecasting sales is required
- 4 year degree in related field is preferred
- Store line experience as a Department/Store Manager or Group Manager is preferred
Note : Shinola is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Shinola - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Shinola is a dynamic and fast-moving startup, but with the resources of a well-established corporation. Because we’re a growing and...