Operates cash register to record all transactions accurately and efficiently.
Assists customers by phone or in person by responding to requests for orders or information for product or services. Answers customer's questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise.
Directs or assists customers to the location of where product is located.
Completes forms, determines charges for service or merchandise requested, collects deposits, prepares order and delivery records and completes merchandise returns.
Solicits sale of new or additional services or products.
Responds to complaints by acting within guidelines or requesting assistance from supervisors or managers.
Maintains inventory and displays within assigned area to merchandising standards by stocking, facing, straightening, and cleaning or any other task necessary to maintain appearance and salability of items.
Follows Standard Operating Procedures when carrying out position responsibilities.
Attends all store meetings and training sessions as required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
McCoy's Building Supply - 19 months ago
McCoy’s is a fourth-generation, family-owned supplier of lumber, building supplies and farm and ranch equipment with supply stores in...