Assisting customers/guest in selecting and giving information about the features of the merchandise on all three stores.
70% Customer Service:
10% Restocking at the end of each shift.
- 50% Up-selling merchandise giving updates and features of the goods.
- 10% Handling money properly.
- 10% Operating Register
10% Cleaning and maintain the stores tidy.
10% Receiving and pricing incoming merchandise.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with the Biltmore rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotels facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
Other supportive functions:
A. Ability to communicate.
B. Phone Skills
D. People skills internal/external customer service.
Specific Job Knowledge Skills And Abilities:
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential job functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills or abilities.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess good detail orientation and organizational skills.
- Must possess basic operation of register.
- Must possess accurate promptness
- Ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing environment. Must be adept to multitasking.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA,OSHA, FMLA, NLRA.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors.
- Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well- paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
- Must be able to handle and lift boxes of the incoming merchandise.
- Talking and hearing occurs continuously in the process of communicating with employees, managers, and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as registers, printers, multi-line touchtone phone, FAX machines, and photocopiers.
High school graduate or some college.
Prior customer service experience and be familiar handling money and computer.
Licenses or Certifications:
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Biltmore standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions than an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.