The Retail Clerk is responsible for assisting customers in the retail operations. All duties are to be performed within the guidelines of the Seneca Gaming Corporation’s policies and procedures, Internal Control Standards and objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Must be 18 years of age or older upon employment.
2. High school diploma or its equivalency required.
3. Two years retail experience preferred.
4. Previous customer service experience preferred.
Language Skills and Reasoning Ability:
1. Must possess excellent communication skills.
2. Ability to write routine correspondence and to speak effectively to the public, employees and customers.
3. Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the customers and employees.
4. Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud. When on the casino floor, the noise levels increase to loud. Must be able to work in an environment where smoking is permitted.
1. Must be able to walk and move through all areas of the casino.
2. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
3. Must be able to stoop, kneel, reach, pull, lift , talk and hear.
4. Medium work. Exerting up to fifty (50) pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to thirty (30) pounds of force frequently, and/or up to ten (10) pounds of force constantly to move objects.
5. Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: viewing a computer terminal; visual inspection involving small defects.
6. Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
7. Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, employees, and members of the business community in all situations.
Seneca Gaming Corporation - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard