Acts as first point of contact for clients in the Design Center and on the phone by responding in a professional and courteous manner. Manages the rotation of client assistance.
- Greets all customers and guests upon entering Design Center and provides appropriate assistance
- Learns and uses language of design and home furnishings to assist clients in getting oriented to the store.
- If Design Consultant is not available, provides customer service by directing clients on a tour of Design Center, reviewing style book, lifestyle projections, and/or booking appointment with a Design Consultant.
- Manages phone traffic including, but not limited to, answering and directing calls, retrieving and forwarding messages from voice-mail and activating messages system at end of the day.
- Schedules appointments for design team members.
- Assists design consultants and Design Center Managers with general administrative and clerical duties required for daily function of business. Maintains up to date files (electronic and paper), prepares follow-up correspondence, maintains various logs, and assignment lists.
- Updates master and design center price pages and product books. Orders memo fabric swatches for clients.
- Organizes client project information.
- Follows up as necessary to insure timely and appropriate customer service to staff members and clients.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will usually work in an office environment. The noise level is minimal and there may be some exposure to dust.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Experience: Two or more years experience in customer service support and/or receptionist role, preferably in a design or retail environment.
Other Requirements: Excellent customer service, communication and listening skills, a pleasant demeanor along with a professional appearance and ability to work well with people. Enjoys working in creative environment. Organized and detail oriented with ability to handle multiple priorities. Interested in the field of interior design, fashion and style. Proficient in basic computer skills including Microsoft office. Must be able to work holidays, evenings and weekends if schedule requires.
- 19 months ago - save job