Barneys New York, the world’s leading luxury retailer, is committed to providing the best of everything: merchandise, customer service and innovative people with creative ideas. We are currently offering an excellent opportunity for a Department Manager at our Madison Avenue flagship store.
Candidates should possess a minimum of five years of retail management experience in a department/luxury store environment. Candidates should have an emphasis on merchandising and possess exemplary customer service and analytical skills. Candidates must be computer literate and able to successfully navigate in a fast-paced environment. Knowledge of Barneys New York stores and an understanding of our vendors are preferred.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Candidates must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Manage the selling and service culture of the store
- Communicate with the buying organization to maximize merchandise assortments
- Cultivate and maintain customer relations
- Develop associates to maximize business opportunities and provide excellent service
- Understand and maintain sales and profit performance
- Control inventory
Barneys New York offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. All candidates should submit their salary history and resume to email@example.com . Candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. EOE.
As Sarah Jessica Parker once told Vanity Fair, "If you're a nice person and you work hard, you get to go shopping at Barneys. It's the...