ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as the industry leader in FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies," and as one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 255,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at www.twitter.com/aramarknews .
ARAMARK Healthcare is a leader in providing food, facility, clinical technology and senior living services to nearly 1300 healthcare organizations throughout North America. Our presence is felt throughout the entire healthcare continuum, from patients, visitors and residents, to nurses and physicians. That's why we believe our people are truly our greatest asset. And it's why we're committed to creating an internal culture where the best people want to work - with a dedication to diversity, exceptional career development, competitive benefits and compensation, and generous community initiatives that make a difference.
ARAMARK Healthcare is searching for a Retail Food Service Manager to oversee the day to day front of the house operations two branded concepts; Chick-fil-A and SUBWAY also providing support to the main cafeteria at Virginia Commonwealth University Health System, a 778 bed acute care hospital located in Richmond, VA. The Retail Manager plans, administers and directs all unit activities related to retail operations, including marketing, merchandising, cash management, and reporting processes complying with the standards established by ARAMARK Healthcare, regulatory agencies and client. Leads retail staff. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments to provide a unified retail experience for customers. Level of impact is within own operation.
- Delivers strong operational performance by executing against ARAMARK Healthcare and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal merchandise quality and service.
- Drives customer satisfaction and maintains client relationships through rounding.
- Ensures compliance to sanitation, and general workplace safety standards.
- Supervises, staffs, trains, conducts applicable rounding and manages the performance of the department to include the Retail Supervisors and/or front line staff regarding retail operations, including cash handling, merchandising, product presentation, quality and cost control.
- Responsible for purchasing special supplies, receiving, scheduling and managing service activities in compliance with ARAMARK Healthcare service systems.
- Responsible for coordinating and managing catering functions as requested.
- Develops and implements retail services plan to improve service, quality and profitability of service areas.
- Utilize customer feedback to respond to customer needs and to improve retail services.
- Bachelor's Degree with 3 years experience in retail food service management within a branded concept setting or High School Diploma and 3 to 5 years experience required.
- Marketing, merchandising and cash handling experience required. Experience coordinating, planning and executing catering functions preferred.
- Candidates with high volume, fast paced, fast food dining restaurants or like experience in a hospitality or institutional setting preferred. Healthcare or Higher Education experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of local and state sanitation inspection programs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, history, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with a focus on client and customer service.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills are essential.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to train, teach, and demonstrate and follow-up on all assignments when necessary.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service is critical to the success in this role.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Position requires the ability to work with confidential employee, client and ARAMARK information.
ARAMARK - 22 months ago
Today is a Brand New Day
Today, we are revitalizing our Aramark brand. Our iconic red star continues to represent our people, always...