Provide both analytical and administrative support to all field and office managers in an effort to positively and measurably impact the sales/margins of Kroger Corporate Brand Products. Primary responsibilities will include inputting, consolidating, analyzing and reporting on volumes of merchandising and sales data obtained from over a hundred field personnel. Additional responsibilities include supporting field managers and retail employees by providing ongoing software training, troubleshooting equipment issues, investigating data discrepancies, maintaining a master data file, and responding quickly to ad hoc reporting needs. This position requires tremendous attention to detail, advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, technical knowledge, and extensive organizational skills.
Essential Job Functions:
· Administer all facets of our field data collation system/technical device
· Review and disseminate data from a master plan into a usable form for our retail team
· Consolidate, analyze and report on data collected by our retail team
· Develop presentations and reports based on compiled data specific to each vendor
· Evaluate multiple sales plans supplied from various sources to identify and report on any potential variations, inconsistencies and missing sales opportunities
· Develop checklists and procedure documents for our field retail team designed to increase their productivity and effectiveness
· Provide ongoing hardware troubleshooting, first level helpdesk support, continuing education & training, and technical direction for equipment utilized by our retail team
· Facilitate communication between our retail team and the vendor who provides and supports the technical equipment they use daily
· Provide daily updates to a master database and maintain version integrity
· Provide analytical reports to multiple managers as requested and eventually develop the instincts to identify statistically significant trends and inconsistencies in the data
· Compare existing data against previous performance results to help identify opportunities to improve employee productivity, data integrity, and selling opportunities
· Participate in and contribute to Information Technology department and office meetings
· Perform special assignments and projects as requested
· Strive to deliver outstanding customer service to every employee, maintain the utmost confidentiality with all data, share ethical standards beyond reproach, and sustain exceptional attention to detail & organization in every facet of your job functions
· Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications:
· 4 year college degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Software including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Capacity to learn multiple computer systems and web based applications
· Experience functioning in a Corporate Office environment
· Experience providing help desk support and/or diagnosing technical problems remotely
· Expert organizational, multi-tasking and problem solving skills
· Highly motivated self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
· Ability to effectively craft and deliver a message verbally and in writing
· Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize and multi-task
Minimum Physical Abilities:
· Remain standing/sitting for several hours at a time.
· Must be able to lift 10-15 lbs. occasionally.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
· A blend of administrative, data analysis and technical support in an office environment.
· Grocery merchandising or experience merchandising in a retail environment is desired.
· Significant experience and computer expertise with programs like Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint are essential.
Some of the Competencies/Skills required to successfully perform this position are:
· Adaptability Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
· Building Trust Interacting with others in a way that gives employees confidence in ones intentions and those of the organization.
· Communication Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in the English language.
· Customer Focus Making others needs a primary focus of ones actions. Developing and sustaining productive relationships with fellow PL Marketing and Kroger employees.
· Analysis and Decision Making Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
· Initiating Action Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive; generating innovative solutions.
· Self Starter Working the majority of the time without direct supervision; prioritizing, organizing and completing workload accurately within allotted time period.
· Work Standards Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
P.L. Marketing, Inc. - 17 months ago