Growing Regional Department Store Retailer is looking for a Buyer of Juniors Knits and Active wear. If you are a creative merchant that likes to develop merchandising strategies while feeling empowered to execute decisions that makes sense for your business, this is a great opportunity for you to consider.
Located in Omaha Nebraska, the culture is refreshing, entrepreneurial and collaborative with few bureaucratic barriers to hurdle. They believe in creating a family friendly and respectful work environment, work hard – play hard, promote from within atmosphere. 18 new stores were opened in 2012 bringing the store count to 83. The 10 - 15 year strategic growth plan outlines over 500 stores with a new distribution center opening Summer 2013. We offer a competitive base compensation and bonus program, 401K, medical/dental and full relocation benefits.
- Develops and executes merchandise and financial strategies for Juniors Knits and Active Wear
- Collaborates and negotiates with Vendor partners
- Optimizes product assortment to drive sales performance of assigned categories
- Works closely with the merchandise planners on forecasting, season open to buy plans, replenishment and inventory turn
- Travels to market monthly or as needed to support the business
- Keeps abreast of current industry trends to identify opportunities and capture market share
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS:
- Bachelor’s or 4 year degree
- 1-2 years previous buying experience as an Associate Buyer or Buyer
- Previous rotation as a Merchandise Planner/Inventory Planner
- Creative merchant with analytical rigor and solid financial acumen skills
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Willingness to collaborate and influence cross functional partners
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Relocation assistance
- Full benefits and 401K
- Future growth opportunities within the organization
"We are dedicated to creating excellence in the lives of our clients, our candidates and our families. We are committed to a strong...