Retail Loan Officer
The Loan Officer is responsible for taking applications for all types of mortgage loans. A Loan Officer would answer member mortgage inquiries, analyze a member’s financial needs, educate and advise the member on alternatives. The area of responsibility encompasses all first mortgages and home equity loans.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITY
Under the direction of the HLA Sales Manager, the Loan Officer has the responsibility to fulfill the following functions and others as may be assigned:
- Performs all responsibilities in accordance with current organizational goals and standards.
- Responsible for knowledge of mortgage products and services established by the credit union and secondary market agencies.
- Follow quality service standards; established internal controls and security procedures; compliance regulations; and properly authenticating member for validity of transaction.
- Knowledgeable with application taking techniques and entering valid applications.
- Responsible for educating on loan types, rates, payments, terms and values benefit of product request and being able to offer best mortgage loan alternatives, cross-selling related products as well as other credit union products and services in an effort to create a mortgage loan package that meets members’ needs.
- Enters loan application in loan origination system; provides appropriate paperwork and information.
- Determine needs, gathers and analyzes loan information to assist production in lending decision.
- Prepares loan documents for processing including requests for supporting documentation and verification of appropriate signatures, this includes following through on pending applications.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal regulations and discloses correct information to members as required by law.
- Counsels regarding a variety of financial circumstances.
- Communicates lending decisions as per established guidelines and advises member of what is required to process their request. Able to overcome challenges and fully explain adverse lending decisions and recommend a positive course of action based on member’s needs and property type.
- Offering suggestions for processing improvements .
- Interact with other areas of the credit union as needed.
- For the purpose of maintaining goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous quality improvement of processes and quality of service to internal and external customers.
- All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established as part of the annual performance planning process or as the result of organizational goal and production planning.
- Must demonstrate a functional knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act in addition to other Federal laws, including but not limited to: U.S. Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets & Control, Anti-Money Laundering, Right to Financial Privacy Act, and the Bank Bribery Act.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Job Functions:
Perform additional duties as assigned.
Excellent time management skills.
Has a high sense of urgency.
Excellent communication skills
Ability to determine best course of action within a wide array of choices.
Exhibits professional image.
Exhibits leadership skills.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of secondary market is preferred but not required.
In performing the above responsibilities, the Processor maintains the following relationships:
HLA Sales Manager
Assistant Vice President Member Home Loan Programs
Vice President of Member Home Loan Programs
Supervisor of Production
Internal and External Customer Relationships
HLA, LLC reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- The associate is encouraged to attend (upon approval) those work-related educational or instructional classes as may be offered.
GTE Financial - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard