ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. In 2012, FORTUNE magazine again recognized ARAMARK on its list of “World’s Most Admired Companies.” ARAMARK has consistently ranked since 1998 as one of the top three most admired companies in its industry as evaluated by peers and analysts. Also in 2012, ARAMARK was honored as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at the company's Web site, www.aramark.com , or www.twitter.com/aramarknews .
About Higher Education
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, ARAMARK is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity.
Responsible for planning, directing and coordinatingretail activities in order to deliver a brand complianthigh qualityfinished product to customers within an assigned retail service area.
Scope of Role:
Level of impact is oneunit or assigned areas which varies in size but generally range from between 1 to 7 units. Generally manages 10 –50 ARAMARK employees with additional student workers.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Primarily responsible for food service at an assigned retail food location.
- Assist FSD in establishing & maintaining systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing and serving of food & related products, as well as menu planning & development.
- Ensure requirements for appropriate sanitation and safety levels in respective areas are met.
- Directly supervisetwo or more employees with responsibility for hiring, coaching, performance management and reviews.
- Assist in location forecast and accounting.
- Conduct period inventory.
- Maintain records to comply with ARAMARK, government and accrediting agency standards.
- Coordinate activities with other internal departmentsandparticipates in management team meetings.
- Interface with vendors and key service users within client organization.
- Involved in student and employee advocacy activities.
- Support all customer service and employee engagement initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree (and/or requisite industry & management experience)and 2-4 years supervisory experience in a food service retail management environment that included Profit & Loss responsibilities.
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential to success in this role.
- Familiarity with Microsoft OfficeSuite Applications required.
- Good interpersonal and strong conflict resolution skills are required.
ARAMARK - 21 months ago
Today is a Brand New Day
Today, we are revitalizing our Aramark brand. Our iconic red star continues to represent our people, always...