Decorative stone/concrete home construction company is looking for an experienced Retail Manager for their southern MN locations
- Implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient, consistent and safe operation of all units while achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction possible.
- Control and process daily paperwork, including bank deposits, delivery ticket verification and opening/closing procedures. Include implementing basic audit/cash control systems and processes to establish and maintain records for all operating units.
- Assesses special orders; will-calls, non-stock items and returned merchandise, assists in the re-buy/daily backorder process to maintain an adequate level of inventory to achieve the highest level of order fulfillment possible.
- Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes scheduling work allocation, training, and problem resolution. Evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance through coaching, counseling and appraising job results.
- Interfaces with customers, solves customer problems, complaints or concerns in a timely manner and reports them to upper management.
- Informs customers of promotions and up-sell items, providing price and product application information details.
- Implements merchandising strategies and maintains established store look standards along with keeping all reference materials organized and current.
- Coordinates with associates on the timely and safe transportation schedule for all order deliveries to meet all customer expectations.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or five to seven years experience in retail management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Knowledge of Spreadsheet software, Word Processing Software , and an understanding of MAS500.