Sales Associate - Rochester Clothing
The primary focus of the Rochester Sales Associate is to be a customer service and product knowledge expert who is committed to building and sustaining a long term relationships with our customers by providing an environment that enhances the buying experience. They are accountable for helping to drive sales and profitability. Our Sales Associates must adhere to all company guidelines, procedures and applicable state and federal laws to ensure efficient daily operations. They must demonstrate high standards of performance and exhibit those standards. Sales Associates should have a passion for clothing and fashion and the ability to sell and market a broad range of apparel, including tailored clothing, and hard line merchandise. The ability to develop and maintain long term customer relationships is critical.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Help create and maintain a store culture focused on the customer, enhance the buying experience and build relationships that lead to long term business growth. Demonstrate detailed knowledge of all products and services.
- Responsible for achieving individual sales goals and assisting Store Manager in ensuring the store meets its sales plan.
- Positively affect profitability in the areas of customer service, sales, inventory/ expense control and risk management.
- Responsible for effective implementation of all visual merchandising standards and operational direction.
- Ensure that standards are being followed including floor sets, cleanliness, marketing, signage and sales promotion. Help create merchandise presentations and displays that have impact, are customer focused and maximize sales.
- Ensure each customer is welcomed into the store in a warm and genuinely sincere manner.
- Ensure the appropriate quality time is spent with the customer, asking questions in order to learn about his/her needs, preferences and lifestyle.
- Go above and beyond the customer’s initial requests and assist in fulfilling his/her wardrobe needs by recommending complete outfits.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of luxury retail experience; tailored clothing, sportswear and hard line merchandise experience a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college or university degree helpful, but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal, creative problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates superior customer service techniques and experience with problem/ complaint resolution.
- The ability to read, analyze and interpret company policies and procedures and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong basic math skills and solid computer skills.
- Ability to learn, interpret, apply and retain a variety of instructions and policies and procedures furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.
- Applicants considered for this position will be required to pass a pre-employment assessment and may be required to pass a background check.
- The associate must regularly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.