Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan, a non-profit organization, is seeking a part-time, non-exempt Retail Sales Associate.
As a staff member, you will discover that the Girl Scout experience can change the way girls see the world and their place in it. As part of the Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan team, your contributions will help build courage, confidence, and character in our girls. Your employment with Girl Scouts will be a rewarding and enriching experience.
HOW TO APPLY
If interested please submit a cover letter and a resume to be considered for the position.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Will be based in the Girl Scout Retail Store at Cornwell’s Turkeyville and work at the Girl Scout Retail Store in Kalamazoo or Lansing on an as-needed basis
2. Provide excellent customer service to volunteers and customers
3. Will assist in coordination of all aspects of the shop sales to assure retail remains a viable funding source for the council
4. Must demonstrate a positive, professional attitude while maintaining a great rapport with customers while assisting them with processing their orders
5. Comfortable and experienced working in a computerized environment
6. As a team member, will work with the display and inventory of merchandise
7. Set up advertising displays and arrange merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales
8. Accept payment and make change
9. Remove and record amount of cash in register at end of shift
10. Keep the store clean and orderly
11. Obtain, receive and ship merchandise as needed from other Girl Scout Retail Shops
12. Answer customer and volunteer questions about Girl Scouting
13. Answer multi-line phone and transfer to appropriate staff member
14. Will help with data entry of membership registrations as needed throughout the year
15. Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Prior retail and non-profit experience preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as department manual
- Possess excellent math and oral communication skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Willing to become a member of the Girl Scouts of USA
- Have the ability and initiative to work independently and work well with all levels of volunteers/staff
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision under stressful conditions
- Be able to lift and/or manipulate up to 50 lbs
- Evening and weekend hours
- Job sharing - retail store is open Monday - Friday 11 a.m.-7 p.m. and Saturday 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Must be flexible with scheduled hours
- Will work up to 20 hours per week depending upon needs
$8.00 to $10.00 per hour
- Personal Days
- Floating Holiday
Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.