· Assists customers with product questions and purchases.
· Provides information to customers and co-workers about product usage, availability and application.
· Answers store telephone to answer customer questions about product availability and quote prices.
· Builds and maintains customer relationships.
· Investigates and resolves customer problems or complaints.
· Emphasizes salable features, quotes prices and credit terms, and prepares sales orders for orders obtained.
· Operates cash register, when it is necessary, accurately and efficiently to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Coordinates efforts of assigned area to assist in achieving store, regional and company sales and profitability goals.
· Supports company promotional activities with appropriate training, staffing, merchandising or selling activities.
· Maintains inventory and displays within assigned area to merchandising standards by stocking, facing, straightening, and cleaning or any other task necessary to maintain appearance and salability of items.
· Reviews merchandise movement within an assigned area, compares record with merchandise on-hand, and reports discrepancies to Store Inventory Coordinator in order to maintain correct inventory levels.
· Inspects merchandise to ensure it is correctly priced and displayed. Verifies correct, current and legible bin labels in place. Check signage for accuracy, timeliness and compliance with merchandising standards.
· Recommends additions to or deletions of merchandise to be sold in store to management based on customer input and special order sales.
· Prepares sales and inventory reports as requested by store management.
· Follows Standard Operating Procedures while carrying out the responsibilities of position.
· Attends all store meetings and training sessions as required.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by management.
· Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week or such other hours per day or hours per week as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
· Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
· Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
McCoy’s is a fourth-generation, family-owned supplier of lumber, building supplies and farm and ranch equipment with supply stores in...