The Retail Sales Associate is a retail professional who embraces The Orvis Culture and provides a world-class shopping experience to all Orvis customers.
About the Company
In 1856, Charles Orvis founded the Orvis Company in Manchester, Vermont, offering the finest fly fishing equipment, and priding himself on customer satisfaction and service. Today, along with our world famous fly-fishing gear, Orvis offers distinctive clothing, home furnishings, gifts, and dog products. Each item is rooted in our heritage of authenticity and the outdoors, and is backed with a no-questions-asked guarantee. As the longest-running mail order business in the United States and with our flagship retail store located in the same Vermont village as the original store since 1856, we offer experience and knowledge that no other retail company can. Each day we strive to apply what we know and learn to bring our customers even better service and products tomorrow.
Orvis Company associates take pride in our world-class service and products, treating customers, vendor partners, and each other with integrity and mutual respect. We work in a supportive, team-oriented environment, focusing on performance, continuous improvement, and exceeding our customers' expectations. The Orvis Company and our associates are committed to giving back to our communities and protecting nature.
We have a comprehensive employee benefits package that offers medical, vision, and dental coverage, and an employer-matched 401(K) savings plan. We extend a generous merchandise discount. Orvis is an equal-opportunity employer.
This position reports directly to the Store Manager and will interact daily with other store associates.
a. Stocking and maintaining sales floor
- Be an ambassador of the brand and instill the Orvis Vision, Mission, Core Values, and Culture in the entire team;
- Achieve defined sales goals;
- Assist customers by providing individualized attention;
- Acquire knowledge of Orvis products;
- Complete additional assignments from store management, including but not limited to:
b. Processing shipments into and out of store
c. Processing catalog orders filled through store
d. Maintaining visual presentation standards
- Outgoing, friendly & personable with a positive attitude;
- Team oriented with the ability to take direction and execute with exactness;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Flexibility with schedule - weekend and holiday availability;
- Physical strength to reach, move, and handle merchandise in high and low areas.
- Retail experience,
- Retail experience in women's apparel, a plus;
- Merchandising experience;
- Successful sales experience;
- Appreciation for the outdoors.
Have visions of fly-fishing the trout streams of the American West but don't know where to start? The Orvis Company can outfit you....