Retail Sales Associate
Knit Purl , a trend-setting retailer of hand-knitting products for fashion and design enthusiasts, is looking for a strong Retail Sales Associate for their Brick & Mortar team. We are an ambitious group of creative professionals who are passionate about handcrafts and design, seeking a like-minded individual who can contribute to delighting our customers and helping our brand to thrive. If you are excited by the prospect of contributing to the growth of a dynamic, creative business, you may be the right match for us.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess strong retail sales experience and superior customer service skills that strengthen customer relationships, embrace our obsession for elevating the craft of knitting, and thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must have availability to work weekends with days off during the week; Store hours are: Mon - Sat 10am-6pm & Sun 12-5pm.
- Location is downtown Portland, right at a streetcar stop and one block from the Max line.
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs using a courteous and friendly manner.
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise; demonstrate use and provide solid and accurate knitting advice on yarn and pattern selection.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process payment accurately using a (POS) point of sale system.
- Maintain an organized and attractive sales floor based on plans from the Merchandising team.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, safety and security practices; and maintain records related to sales
- Casually inventory stock and requisition new stock.
- Carry out store opening and closing procedures.
- Provide assistance in maintenance of shelf tags and sample labels.
- Maintain basic understanding of industry patterns, trends, products and up-and-coming designers.
- Confer with peers, subordinates, and cross-functional teams or individuals building positive relationships focused on achievement of mutual success, aligned with the organizational & departmental goals.
- 1-2 years of knitting experience required with knowledge of yarn, fiber properties, gauge, and proficiency in reading patterns.
- 1-3 years of strong retail sales experience in a related industry preferred.
- Must have knowledge and familiarity of Ravelry.
- Must be computer literate including in such areas as the use of Point of Sales software, internet, gmail, and excel..
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to maintain composure under pressure, interact routinely with others face-to-face, by telephone, by email messaging, and through other communication methods using active listening skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Must be reliable in meeting exacting or highly accurate work results, strict deadlines, and prompt and friendly service delivery.
- Must have the ability to routinely lift boxes up to 35 lbs., climb stairs several times in a day, bend, lift, push, kneel, stand or sit for long periods of time; using step ladders, computers, and other provided equipment.
Trupp HR - 10 months ago