Daymon Worldwide is the full-service global retail branding and sourcing partner that works directly with the world's leading retailers and manufacturers to provide customized branding solutions that drive sales and profitable growth across multiple categories and channels. Daymon's expertise includes branding and strategy, insights & measurement, private brand development, global sourcing and shopper marketing. Our employee-owned company, which celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2010, operates across more than 10 channels of trade, in partnerships with 100+ retailers, 4,000+ manufacturers and has 22,000 associates worldwide, with offices in 21 countries on six continents.
The key to our success has been the empowerment of our great people to take risks, lead change and make a “Daymon Difference” in the world of brand building.
Our Own Brand Team is currently looking for a Retail Sales Lead that will be responsible for maximizing the sales of all private brand programs in the customer’s market area to which s/he is assigned, and to translate management directives into effective sales & merchandising programs within the assigned region.
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions
- Achieve own brand penetration and financial goals.
- Assist in the execution of the strategic plans to drive own brand sales within Non-Perishable and Fresh departments.
- Is part of the own brands team but can work independently to obtain common goals.
- Serve as liaison between the divisional retail sales team and the own brands corporate team.
- Keeps the divisional retail sales staff informed about own brand sales opportunities, programs, promotional activity, sales goals and results on a timely basis.
- Works with divisional sales teams to educate store personnel to ensure that maximum level of own brand merchandising is achieved.
- Develop personal relationships to gain cooperation and accomplish goals.
- Facilitate and take part in knowledge sharing processes with Daymon associates in other divisions.
- Requires 60% daily travel throughout MA/CT/RI assigned territory
- Minimal overnight travel.
- High School Diploma
- 4 + Years experience in the Fast Moving Consumer Good / Retail Sales Industries
- Proficient Computer Skills including Microsoft WORD/EXCEL/POWERPOINT
Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required
- A Bachelors Degree would be strongly preferred
- Able to influence without authority
- Ability to think and act strategically as well as tactically in the performance of the job.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with high visibility to significant others
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Effective time management skill
- Effective at building relationships
- Comfortable interacting with individuals at all levels within Daymon and customer
- Ability to build trust and respect through actions and meeting commitments
- Ability to effectively as a member of project / task group
- Able to work with cross-functional teams to accomplish important/specific goals
- Effective leadership skills to help accomplish strategic goals
- Able to analyze and interpret internal and external data sources to develop competitive insights
Daymon - 19 months ago