Posting Job Title: Retail Sales Specialist
Requisition #: 149890BR
Posting Location: Brooklyn, NY, US
Area of Interest: Sales
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The purpose of this position is to educate customers on our products and services and to enhance the image of Time Warner Cable by accurately and professionally ensuring customer satisfaction in a variety of situations. This position handles customer service inquiries, payments, service issues and change requests in a confident manner. This position operates in a team environment and strives to achieve established sales and performance goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Achieve sales and customer service objectives.
- Conduct product demonstration on retail sales floor utilizing interactive tools.
- Project a professional image to customers at all times. Welcome and assist customers with questions, concerns and service changes.
- Perform necessary functions for new and prospective customers, including selling and bundling services, entering account information into the computer system, scheduling installation and verifying serviceability, deposit requirements and service requirements.
- Assist customers with "instant installs", customer education and operation of equipment.
- Promote additional services that add value to customer's current service package.
- Assist customers in-person with equipment issuance or returns, billing questions, research requests and service issues.
- Retain customers requesting disconnect or downgrade of service by demonstrating the ability to overcome objections, explain features and benefits, and explain the benefits of bundling services.
- Continuously learn and retain knowledge of current procedures, services, equipment, promotional offers, and new product offerings.
- Maintain store appearance and product presentation to company standards.
- Perform cashier duties, including accepting and processing of customer payments and balancing receipts and cash.
- Prepare daily and monthly activity reports.
- Stock and organize cable store with customer information materials.
- Travel to other Customer Care Center/Store locations to provide coverage for vacation, illness, etc. as necessary.
- Other Customer Care Center/Store duties as assigned, including: ordering supplies, reporting facility concerns, packing equipment, etc.
FCC Unit_TWC: 8341
- High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of 3 years Customer Service related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year cash handling experience preferred.
- Ability to work with CRT, calculator.
- Personal Computer knowledge required for data/order entry.
- Basic math skills required, including the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask. Ability to adapt to change and handle stress.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to handle cash and equipment with accuracy.
- Ability to travel to other stores to cover as needed.
- Knowledge of ICOMS billing system helpful.
Controlling Establishment ID: 00686 - Brooklyn 5th Ave
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 6 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...