ST. JOHN, a leading designer of women's luxury apparel is seeking a Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant reports directly to the Division Controller, Retail and is responsible for the cycle of accounting tasks for the retail division including sales audit, month end accounting, account reconciliations, financial reporting, forecasts and budgets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the accuracy of the reported store sales by reviewing and correcting system rejects and tying the sales between the corporate office system and the store point of sales system.
- Review sales audit results with store managers and initiate corrective action where needed.
- Provide support for assigned retail stores with accounting related issues, including but not limited to: sales tax, gift certificates, store credits, petty cash, credit card inquiries and customer service issues.
- Work with the store managers to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Reconcile assigned cash, receivables and liability accounts. Resolve accounting discrepancies or disputes associated with account balances and reconciliations.
- Analyze assigned expense accounts; research variances from budget, and prepare entries for appropriate corrections or accruals .
- Prepare assigned management monthly reports with notations to clarify financial data where needed.
- Provide backup for the Senior Accountants as needed.
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
- Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
- Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
- Adhere to local, state and federal laws
- Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to your position/department
- Model the “St. John Way”
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and Word skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Detail oriented, problem solver.
- 2 + years of accounting experience
- Experience must demonstrate comprehension of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to analyze financial data.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience in the retail industry helpful
St. John Knits - 23 months ago
The patron saint of tailored attire, St. John Knits International has clothed some of the nation's most couture-worthy women, including...