GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
To assist the Assistant Manager and Retail Store Manager and leadership team with the day-to-day store
operations and store performance to meet or exceed budget while operating in compliance with company
standards, policies and procedures. May supervise community service workers and volunteers on a
limited or as needed basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures proper customer service to all donors and customers.
2. Reaches designated production guidelines.
3. Participates in the pricing, displaying and selling of store merchandise within price ranges established
by Goodwill management.
4. Assists in developing additional donors for the store.
5. Adequately stocks and maintains interior and exterior of the store in an attractive manner.
6. May balance cash register receipts, prepare daily bank deposits and maintain records of store
transactions for each business day occasionally.
7. Uses cash register to total sales, accepts payments.
8. Ensures the proper rotation of all store merchandise.
9. Manages stores loss control by watching customers and employees and reporting suspicious activity
to the Loss Prevention Director. Ensures that items are not given away without authorization.
10. Ensures a clean and safe environment in the store, processing area and/or donation center by
practicing good housekeeping practices.
11. Regular attendance is required as outlined in Goodwills attendance policy.
12. Observes safety procedures and personnel policies.
13. Attends regular store meetings.
14. Acts as a positive role model for employees, trainees and customers in all respects of professional
15. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum requirement; general educational background without high school completion, plus 0 to 6
months related experience or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Frequent physical exertion and exposure to unfit donated goods.
Excellent customer service skills
Effective communication skills
Some computer knowledge a plus.
Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
Must be able to market Goodwill and explain the mission to the general public.
Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
Must establish and maintain effective relationships with supervisors and co-workers, while motivating
them to their best performance.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule, on short notice, including holidays, nights and weekends and
occasionally in excess of 40 hours a week.
Ability to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
Must be able to take initiative and make decisions within Goodwill policies.
Must observe and enforce safety policies in all phases of the operation.
Must have knowledge of fashionable womens, childrens and mens clothing as well as furniture and
Must be able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 35 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds
Must be able to stand and walk for a prolonged period and to frequently bend, stretch and stoop.
Must have reliable transportation.
ATTENTION ALL INTERESTED APPLICANTS:
- Applications will only be considered when submitted directly to Goodwill Industries of Arkansas.
- Visit www.GoodwillAR.org . to apply for this position. CLICK on the "WORK AT GOODWILL" link at the top of the page,CLICK on the current job opening you want to apply for and complete your application to be considered.
Goodwill Industries of Arkansas - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard