Responsible for the overall operation of specifically assigned retail locations; meeting sales goals and ensuring strong, positive guest and employee relations. Provides daily scheduling and direction to team Leads and Associates, monitors and evaluates staff performance, manages revenue and labor goals, budgets and inventory control practices. Implements policies and procedures to ensure a successful retail operation.
Requires at least five years of experience in retail store operations. Requires at least two years of supervisory experience in merchandise entry level management, including employee training. Experience within theme park merchandising is preferred. Thorough knowledge of cash handling and inventory/sales auditing is required. Knowledge of point of sale automated systems is required. Excellent communication skills with ability to plan, develop and set up retail locations is essential. Experienced in visual merchandising and the use of plan-o-grams. Ability to use office equipment, word processing, spreadsheet systems. Ability to work effectively with others and lead a successful team.
A bachelor’s degree with preferable emphasis in business administration, management, or closely related field (or equivalent education and experience) is required
1. Manages assigned Sales Associates in the operation of retail stores by providing daily scheduling and direction for Team Leads and Sales Associates. Monitors, develops and evaluates performance of assigned employees.
2. Ensures that Sales Associates and Team Leads are fully trained, on an ongoing basis, about guest service standards, selling techniques and product knowledge.
3. Organizes and holds regular briefings and meetings for all Sales Associates and Team Leads. Responsible for the accuracy and security of all personnel files, training information and attendance records.
4. Develops, recommends and implements policies and procedures for Retail Operations.
5. Meets planned revenue and labor goals. Ensures that sales and margin information is reviewed on a regular basis, and acted on, to achieve profitable sales. Participates in budget planning by monitoring budgets, labor costs, and payroll for assigned retail locations.
6. Monitors sales and inventory control for assigned location; maintains cash control to ensure accuracy and policy enforcement. Ensures that stock levels are maintained and constantly strives to maximize sales potentials.
7. Maintains visual presentation, ensures merchandise maintenance, distribution of merchandise product from backroom, warehouse to sales area. Monitors accuracy for ticketing.
8. Ensures store maintenance, safety and security.
9. Opening/closing and cash handling duties.
10. Operates as Duty Manager when on shift as scheduled by the Retail Operations Manager.
11. Performs other related duties as required and directed by Retail Operations Manager and other members of the LEGOLAND Florida leadership team.
LEGOLAND California is a 128-acre family theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. Just like with LEGO...