In partnership with store leadership, work alongside store associates providing daily direction, communication and training to execute daily action plans in accordance with Vera Bradley’s objectives and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Set high standards and motivate the team to create The Experience
· Responsible for exceeding sales goals, building store traffic, converting Guests, interacting with the product, and promoting campaigns and contests to drive brand awareness and lasting customer relationships
· Act as a Brand Ambassador consistently modeling and upholding the Vera Bradley Core Values
· Assist leadership team with planning, implementing, and maintaining the visual merchandising brand standards
· Assist with store operational duties including inventory, ordering, training, Fussy Matrix, e-mailing and calling Guests, and opening closing
· Act a liaison between store associates and store leadership to create a fun and collaborative work environment
· Maintain an awareness of loss prevention by supporting a culture of honesty and connecting the links between creating The Experience, store associate engagement and shrink
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· High School graduate preferred
· 1-3 years retail experience. Experience in specialty retail strongly preferred.
· Experience with retail POS system a plus
· Has knowledge of Microsoft Office
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Dependable with open availability and flexible to work nights, weekends and holidays
· Strong desire and ability to serve customers and solve problems
· Ability to lead, motivate and promote a team environment
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Must be polished, polite and professional
· Ability to build and maintain good rapport with internal and external customers and handle situations with confidence, tact and resourcefulness
· Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping and reaching, climbing ladders
· Ability to occasionally lift up to 35 lbs.
· Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
· Ability to operate office equipment, including computers , copiers, fax machines and phones
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer.
Vera Bradley - 15 months ago
Vera Bradley loves women with lots of baggage. The company designs, makes and sells quilted handbags and travel bags, as well as...