Answers questions, identifies and directs customer to building materials and supplies in the yard and warehouse.
Cuts lumber, screening, glass, and related materials to size requested by customer.
Operates forklift safely and effectively to load, unload and move materials in the yard and warehouse.
Assists customer in loading purchased materials safely and accurately into customer's vehicle. Verifies load ticket to ensure accuracy with purchased materials.
Follows established loading and ticket procedures as listed in the Standard Operating Procedures.
Informs store management or personnel of any customer complaints or requests in a timely manner.
Listens to and resolves service complaints.
Loads product on to store delivery trucks for delivery and transfer.
Moves materials and supplies from receiving area to yard or warehouse.
Marks prices on merchandise signs or labels according to current system prices.
Square stacks materials on display to maintain safe and orderly conditions in all areas on a daily basis.
Covers exposed materials, when required, to prevent weather damage.
Assists with unloading deliveries as needed.
Performs routine safety check on forklifts according to company guidelines.
Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of the yard by keeping ground free of clutter including bands, chocks and trash.
Maintains inventory and displays within assigned area to merchandising standards by stocking, facing, straightening, and cleaning or any other task necessary to maintain appearance and salability of items.
Performs routine customer vehicle audits, when assigned, for loaded merchandise when customers are leaving the lumberyard by matching what has been loaded to what was purchased on the loading receipt.
Complies with all company safety standards.
Follows Standard Operating Procedures while carrying out the responsibilities of position.
Attends all store meetings and training sessions.
- Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have current driver's license and be able to meet the driver eligibility guidelines for the Company.
- Must successfully pass all Company training regarding equipment usage, including obtaining the forklift certification.
McCoy's Building Supply - 20 months ago
McCoy’s is a fourth-generation, family-owned supplier of lumber, building supplies and farm and ranch equipment with supply stores in...