At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Our Retail Stores seek committed, service-oriented individuals who are passionate about educating and outfitting customers with the products we sell. Typical positions in our Retail Stores include sales and cashier specialists, retail management, merchandise stockers and ski/bike technicians. We offer flexible schedules and opportunities for professional growth and development.
Join our retail team where you will find supportive leadership, a committed staff and an engaging work culture.
The Outreach Administrator for the Seattle REI Flagship Store is a key member of the store management team. This role leads the store outreach team in building community relationships and fostering volunteerism both within the local community as well as internally within the store for REI employees.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Operate as a retail manager focused on executing store functions through staff members
- Lead a team of outreach specialists to formulate and implement an annual community outreach strategy for the Seattle store
- Acts as a representative and spokesperson for the co-op both internally and externally
- Develop relevant relationships with key local community groups
- Help build and train a capable and talented outreach team
- Develop top performers and consistently evaluate performance, providing coaching and direct feedback
- Coordinate in-store class program, service projects, PEAK program, and facilitate the annual grant nomination process
- Provide relevant information on local volunteer and outdoor recreational opportunities to inspire REI members, customers, and employees
- Develop relationships with key local media contacts
- Input content for Store Events Page and facilitate monthly mailing of Local Store Events and Outreach E-mail
- Identify and partner with local community events that correspond with REI’s event sponsorship goals
- Work with the DOEA and General Manager to leverage store funds and resources for outreach
- In relevant multi-store markets, work with other outreach specialists to leverage market outreach and event opportunities
- Collaborate with local market stores in the creation of the monthly Classes and Events flyer
- Collaborate with local market stores to aid in establishing program consistency across all local stores
- Oversee meeting room rentals and provide professional and courteous service to our clients.
- Oversee store outreach displays including Outdoor Resource Center and Welcome Center.
- Maximize schedule effectiveness and increase team productivity
- Manage social media and online community outlets for the store
- Successful supervisory work experience in a service industry preferably in a retail environment
- Experience working with non-profits on events and other relationship building activities
- Experience or background in marketing, media, and public affairs is desirable
- Demonstrated dynamic leadership skills with the ability to lead, motivate and develop future leaders
- Highly effective communication skills across a variety of audiences and methods
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Practiced and proven collaboration skills
- Solid experience creating and delivering presentations to large groups
- Desire to advance within REI and be an active participant in your own development
- Proven organizational, time management and planning skills
- Commitment to outstanding customer service
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines, set appropriate priorities and coordinate multiple projects
- A strong attention to detail and follow through on projects and activities
- Proven track-record of working well under pressure and coordinating projects within a team environment
- Experience with event organizing and a history with coordinating volunteer efforts preferred
- A flexible schedule which may include: evening and weekend hours as well as travel to other stores and off-site events
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in applications such as, Word, Xcel, Outlook
At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive offering which includes:
- Comprehensive health and well-being programs
- A competitive bonus/ incentive program
- REI Retirement Plan
- Generous gear discount
- Paid time off
- Professional growth and development opportunities
A work environment where RESPECT, INTEGRITY, and BALANCE are just a few of our fundamental values!
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
REI - 10 months ago
REI is a national outdoor retail cooperative, committed to inspiring, educating and outfitting for a lifetime of outdoor adventures. Founded...