Administer Star Tribune Retirement Plans: 3 pension and a 401(k) plan. Monitor 401(k) vendor enrollments, loans, payments and transfers and perform other 401(k) work efficiently, accurately in a customer-focused manner and in compliance with plan document and legal requirements. Administer pension plans, including producing pension calculations (according to plan documents), correspondence and benefit statements. Identify pension system processing issues and problems and work with technical personnel to correct and test system changes. Assists with producing annual pension valuation data. Provides information and answers for employees, retirees and other HR staff on retirement plans.
- 3+ years of retirement benefits administration experience, including experience administering both defined benefit pension plans and 401(k) plans
- Ability to read and correctly interpret legal retirement plan documents
- Knowledge of ERISA and IRS regulations pertaining to retirement plans
- Strong written and oral communications and customer service skills
- Strong systems and analytical skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and accuracy, as well as ability to handle multiple, concurrent tasks and meet deadlines
- Bachelors degree or additional equivalent professional experience
- Professional designation
- Experience in a union environment
- Experience with PeopleSoft pension module or similar pension administration system
Job Posting Date: 1/29/2013
Requisition # : STR2013006
The online application tool we use, SmartRecruiters, is optimized to work with Mozilla Firefox. Other browsers may not give you full functionality.
- You can upload your cover letter, resume and clips using our online tool, which accepts a number of file formats (PDF, JPEG, FIG, DOC, DOCX, TXT and BMP).
- Our system will let you upload up to six files in addition to your cover letter and resume.
- If you have more than six files to submit beyond your resume and cover letter, you should combine some of them.
- None of your files can be larger than 2 MB.
- You can complete your online application in stages by selecting the link marked Continue later at the bottom of each page. That will prompt the system to email you a case-sensitive username and password that you can use to sign in and finish at a later time.
- We wont see your application until you click submit. Once you take that step, you wont be able to alter your application or attach additional documents to it.
Star Tribune - 17 months ago