The Contra Costa County Employees' Retirement Association is located in Concord, California and is currently recruiting to fill one (1) vacancy in the classification of Retirement Member Services Data Specialist. Those interested in the field of retirement administrative support are encouraged to apply. Under general direction, the Retirement Member Services Data Specialist reviews and processes a variety of complex member data for the Contra Costa County Employees' Retirement Association (CCCERA) and support critical agency functions, such as actuarial studies, terminations, reciprocal memberships, certifications and determining acceptability of legal documents for member filing and recording. Tasks may include research, database input, report generation, and other information system related functions.
The eligible list established from this recruitment will remain in effect for six (6) months.
- Responsible for importing files, error reconciliation of employer information, discrepancy resolution and may also have telephone contact with members
- Using forms and letters, member services data specialists communicate with association members on individual issues which require an understanding of privacy issues and tact, such as beneficiary information, account adjustments, and service credit accruals
- Review imported data stored in buffer files to validate against plan administration rules and member data for status changes which include new members, employee terminations, position updates, and general employment status changes
- Perform data entry for a variety of tasks related to member account maintenance
- Review terminated member records and process termination calculations
- Explain to terminating, terminated and laid-off members and their beneficiaries their rights, obligations and qualifications for retirement benefits in accordance with the County Employees' Retirement Act of 1937
- Review distribution election paperwork and prepare lump sum and qualified rollover distributions to individual members, their beneficiaries, and/or designated institutions. Effectively communicate this information to members
- Provide details of any purchase of service contracts that may be outstanding
- Run the calculation wizard to close purchase of service calculations on completion of purchase contracts
- Research and verify retirement benefit information to resolve inquiries relating to such matters as retirement service credit discrepancies, status of contributions and vesting requirements
- Reconcile reports and resolve issues within established timeframes
- Perform member service audits
- Assist with data input of member demographic information for coding and input into the data system
- Assist members in completing distribution election forms
- Certify member information to reciprocal systems
- Assist with providing technical/analytical, research and administrative support to data processing analysts, auditors, actuarial staff and benefit statement consultants in the preparation and production of annual statements of benefits
- Communicate and interact with CCCERA's actuary regarding member information
- Set up and maintain employee master retirement file records
- Perform general clerical functions
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Possession of a high school diploma, G.E.D. equivalency or a high school proficiency certificate.
The equivalent of three (3) years of full-time responsible clerical experience which includes data entry, research and reconciliation, technical queries and report analysis, transaction processing, record keeping, database management, problem solving and performing general data oriented tasks in a public or corporate system comparable to Contra Costa County.
1. Application Filing:
Friday, February 22, 2013 by 5pm.
To view the typical tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with this position, please visit our website to see the detailed job description
2. Application Evaluation:
3. Written Examination
4. Oral Interview:
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices.