Work Location: Midland, Michigan
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a Retirement Specialist
1. Responsible for providing direct support to the Sales Teams in National Accounts, Regions and Select, in monitoring service and operational delivery, facilitating the retention and profitability of current relationships and assisting in exploration of new products/services opportunities with assigned customers. Works with customers face-to-face and virtually.
2. Accountable to lead strategic discussions with credit union assigned accounts to review the utilization and success of pension and retirement programs and products.
3. Retains existing retirement and pension business through proactive retention initiatives such as conducting annual Performance Reviews, Trustee meetings and regular stakeholder visits and reviews.
4. Monitor the performance of the retirement and pension program, including participation and deferral rates.
5. Ensure customer satisfaction with retirement and pension programs by monitoring proactively and identifying performance issues. Work with Customer Operations and Product leadership to track issues, diagnose root causes and develop solutions. Uphold Service Plans with the customer in conducting assessments of program performance and customer satisfaction.
6. Participates in customer acquisition deals at propose or close phase to efforts to engage and take ownership of installation plan and coordination of participant enrollment.
7. Understands and stays abreast of the competitive environment of the financial services industry and credit union marketplace.
8. Conducts self in a manner consistent with established policies and procedures of ethical market conduct with high standards of honesty, fairness and integrity.
1. Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Insurance or related field or an equivalent trade-off of related professional work experience.
2. Minimum of four years of proven success in a sales/service role with pension products and services.
3. Demonstrated technical knowledge of qualified pension plans to the credit union marketplace.
4. Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of financial services industry; in-depth knowledge of credit union industry preferred.
5. Proven ability to clearly and effectively communicate Pension solutions, product information and services to credit unions and their employees.
6. Demonstrated effective communication, interpersonal, relationship building, customer service skills.
7. Possess or obtain Life & Health Insurance License, Variable Life and Annuity License, and FINRA Series 6 and and 63 and Investment Advisor Registration (Series 65), or FINRA approved equivalent, within 90 days.
8. CLU, ChFC, CFP, or CPA designation preferred.
9. Up to 75% travel required
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 3-5 years
Area of Interest(s): Underwriting, Product, Sales, Sales Operations
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: GPP20131909-62251
CUNA Mutual Group - 9 months ago