United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Design and Engineering team as a Retro-Commissioning Control Technician. In this role you will be involved with control related issues on projects related to commissioning, retro-commissioning or re-commissioning activities, to include troubleshooting and repair, Test and Balance for a wide variety of air handling equipment, exhaust systems, ductwork, and fluid flow equipment associated with commercial and industrial HVAC systems. Our ideal candidate must be proficient in testing and repairing to resolve temperature, humidity, pressurization, indoor air quality, and energy savings issues. Experience will also include system troubleshooting and programming for Environmental Control Systems (ECS) for Direct Digital Controls.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Reading and understanding mechanical blueprints and/or schematic diagrams
- Operation, calibration, and interpreting electrical and electronic diagnostic equipment and precision measuring tools
- Sourcing and procurement of parts, equipment, and tools to meet job-specific requirements
- Interfacing with clients and contractors to conduct interviews and gather/share job-related information
- Work plan development and reporting on progress, status, schedule, and work results
- Use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Adherence to company, client, and site standards for safety, quality, housekeeping, and security.
- Perform Functional Performance Tests of control systems to determine actual installed sequences.
- Perform Point to Point to tests and calibration tests on sensors to verify proper operation
- Replace, calibrate or repair defective sensors, actuators or control components
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
- Minimum of 5 years control service experience on HVAC systems.
- Certification as a NEBB, AABC or TABB Test and Balance technician or Professional is preferred but not required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Working knowedge of Autocad preferred but not required
- A working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook is required
offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Faithful+Gould - 23 months ago