Location: Minneapolis, MN
Code 42 Software is the creator of CrashPlan, CrashPlan PRO, and CrashPlan PROe award-winning onsite, offsite and cloud backup solutions for home, businesses, and enterprise. We deliver high-performance hardware and easy-to-use software solutions that protect the world's data.
Reporting to the Revenue Recognition Manager, the Revenue Accountant will work as part of the Finance team focusing on sales activity billing, financial operation reporting and analysis of monthly sales activity. Additionally, the position will be directly involved in all aspects of revenue accounting, including interpretation of revenue recognition criteria and management of deferred revenue.
- Manage all monthly billing procedures including collections and DSO responsibility.
- Interface with sales teams providing support and assistance on non-standard deal structuring, including approval of non-standard pricing and contract terms and conditions.
- Prepare detailed analysis of revenue transactions to ensure compliance with software revenue recognition criteria.
- Prepare and maintain analysis of monthly multi-element revenue sales for review by CFO. Including forecasts and related accrual and recognition trends. Analyze and track all elements of the arrangements.
- Manage preparation and analysis of procedure documentation, specifically as related to the ongoing corporate billing procedures and revenue recognition implementation. Includes quarterly review of ongoing application of accounting rules and standards.
- Assist with monthly closing processes including the preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, posting monthly journal entries to support all non standard transactions, analysis of revenue accounts, other procedures as required.
- Interface with internal and external auditors on revenue related issues.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent field; CPA designation a plus
- Technology industry experience preferred
- 5+ years of revenue and billing processing required
- Detailed working knowledge of GAAP and Software Revenue Recognition guidelines required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Responsible for Code 42 Software's information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Code 42 Software information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Code 42 is an equal employment opportunity employer.