• Leads revenue contract negotiation for the complex sales contracts, collaborating with Legal, Sales, and Revenue Operations teams.
• Takes a clean sheet of paper approach when advising business partners in developing new business models, tackling go-to-market initiatives or revisiting operational processes.
• Evaluates and creates revenue policies to make sure they align with the business and make economic sense.
• Provides training to business partners while working closely with them to ensure consistency in application of policies and practices.
• Participates in routine accounting close activities, specifically in the area of deal reviews and management reporting.
• Presents issues and recommendations in a crisp and concise manner to enable better decision-making. Interaction with external auditors is expected.
• One of us: BS in Accounting or Finance is required. CPA or equivalent preferred.
• You’re wise: Minimum 5 years of similar experience. Previous experience with a software company is highly desirable. Big 4 experience is a plus.
• You speak our language: Working knowledge of Software Revenue Recognition and Hardware Revenue Accounting.
• We get you and you get us: Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are required. Developed PowerPoint skills are key.
• You get it done: Excellent time and project management skills – can coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a high-paced business culture. Proficiency in Excel is needed.
• Hey! I’m flexible: Ability to work in a matrix team environment.
• There is no I in Team: Works effectively across functions to resolve complex problems.
Symantec - 13 months ago
Symantec's future seems to be secure. The company provides security, storage, and systems management software for businesses and...