New York Public Radio connects more than 11.5 million audience members to the very best in news, information, culture, arts and music – made in New York for the world. We journey with the intellectually curious to find new discoveries, ask hard questions, have even harder conversations and share our world every day. We seek an outstanding Revenue Analyst to join our team.
The Revenue Analyst reports to the Director of Accounting with matrix reporting to the VP of Development (fundraising). The position is a bridge between the finance and development departments, responsible for the accuracy of the revenue numbers reported against target and budget, and for re-forecasting. The position is also responsible for establishing models, templates, tools and metrics for use by the Development department in creating and modifying strategies and plans, effectiveness and grant reporting.
- Empower the fundraising team to increase revenue from multiple sources by creating, iterating upon, and automating analytics models and reporting to optimize fundraising performance. Provide insight to not only what the revenue numbers are, but what’s behind them – drivers and levers.
- Record monthly general journal entries for the various revenue streams ensuring accuracy and proper release of revenue. Maintain and reconcile associated balance sheet accounts including monitoring of collections.
- Focus on analytics and reporting that will be used by the fundraising team to establish fiscal year budgets, track actuals to target and budget, reforecast, make course corrections as necessary and accurately project future revenue results.
- Work with Finance and Development teams to conduct analysis that helps drive innovation across all fundraising sources and platforms.
- Perform data deep-dives as necessary and present conclusions to management.
- Work with Finance and Development to reconcile budgets.
- Reconcile and report on grant budgets.
- Responsible for proper recognition of all revenue streams.
- Prepare in-depth analysis of revenue lines and cost centers including variation analysis
- MBA Finance strongly preferred
- 5 - 7 years of work experience, preferably within media, cultural and non-profit environments preferred
- Previous roles as a consultant, business analyst, or finance analyst required
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills, including experience with complex data structures and models required
- Expert in Excel for all forms of analysis and data modeling required
- Ability to demonstrate thought leadership, and present rigorous analysis and insights with clarify and confidence
All positions at NYPR require:
- The intellectual and emotional depth, maturity, self-confidence and interpersonal skills to work effectively with the senior leadership team, colleagues, staff and external partners and provide motivation at all levels of an organization
- Excellent communication skills—both oral and written—with an impressive reputation for building and maintaining relationships with people at all levels of an organization, across a diverse range of cultural, generational, ethnic, racial, educational and social backgrounds
- Use of a computer, telephone and other office and/or broadcast equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively through a variety of methods including but not limited to; email, internet based applications for internal and external communications
- Affinity for New York Public Radio; WNYC and/or WQXR content and mission a plus
- Compliance with WNYC/WQXR policies and guidelines
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
New York Public Radio - 20 months ago