We are looking for an Accounts Receivable Specialist to coordinate and administer general business activities for multiple apartment communities. Your role will include bookkeeping and administrative functions, as well as keeping up to date on regulatory compliance and company policies and procedures related to property management. We recognize associates as our most valuable resource, and hope you will consider joining our growing and dynamic team. Forest City prides itself on being a company where people enjoy what they do because they know it's not just a job - they make a difference every day.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
• Reviews resident lease applications and lease documents, final move out account statements for refund or debt validity and bank deposit transactions, ensuring proper documentation, approval and accurate entry in the property management system.
• Investigate and resolve issues and/or problems which may arise from resident and property associate inquiries, inadequate documentation, property management software questions and resident account reconciliations. Perform telephone support for site associates to instruct or resolve questions relating to the property management software or resident accounts. Maintain the knowledge of regulations or procedures to be able to conduct detailed research and investigation as needed with minimal or no management supervision, in an accurate and timely manner.
• Maintain resident/property files in accordance with record retention policies.
To become a valuable member of our team, we are looking for the following qualifications:
• Skills and abilities normally associated with completion of high school or GED program. Some related college coursework or completion of a bookkeeping or accounting certification program preferred.
• In addition to the education outlined above, at least 1-2 years experience in accounts receivable or other bookkeeping position or property management experience.
• Ability to work with others and foster an environment of team work, with skill and diplomacy. Must be detail-oriented, creative, fast-paced, and be a self-starter requiring minimal supervision. Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills. Strong Microsoft Office skills and experience. Proven decision-making skills; the ability to distinguish simple requests/problems from emergency/priority and act accordingly. Willingness to assume additional responsibilities and learn new technology/procedures. Demonstrated capacity to anticipate departmental needs, which requires a comprehensive understanding of the goals, objectives, and day-to-day operation of the department. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Drug Free Workplace
Forest City Enterprises - 9 months ago