High School Diploma/GED
This position is responsible for accurate and compliant revenue generation through charge capture and charge error correction for patient care areas across the health system. This includes charge entry and the review of clinical documentation to support patient charges with the goal of improving charge accuracy while meeting and maintaining regulatory requirements with the expectation that these duties are completed in a timely manner in accordance with Mount Carmel Health System policies related to charge entry, HIPAA and regulatory compliance as well as standards established by their department.
Other responsibilities include:
- Performs daily review of patient encounters for assigned departments/services to identify billable services rendered to patients as supported by appropriate documentation in the Mount Carmel Health System clinical documentation system(s).
- Inputs charges for assigned departments/services in a timely manner according to Mount Carmel Health System Policies and Procedures related to charging processes. Performs charge error correction processes in accordance with Mount Carmel Health System Policies and Procedures.
- Identifies areas of potential improvement to clinical documentation to reduce potential lost charges/revenue and brings to the attention of the Charge Master Supervisor or Charge Master Team member.
- Works with Charge Master Manager and/or Charge Master Team to facilitate appropriate education to clinical department associates for documentation according to Mount Carmel Health System Policies and Procedures and regulatory guidelines.
- Participates in all assigned education sessions as deemed appropriate by the Charge Master Manager.
- Maintains technical skill set/abilities for proper use of Mount Carmel Health System clinical documentation, patient billing and Health Information Management system
Candidates will possess a High School Diploma or GED and exposure to medical terminology either through formal education or work experience is required.
Other qualifications include:
- Minimum of 1 year work experience or internship experience preferred.
- Relevant healthcare experience in either patient care or revenue cycle preferred.
About Mount Carmel
Serving more than a million patients each year, Mount Carmel is the preferred healthcare provider in central Ohio . Our more than 8,500 employees and 1,500 physicians utilize state-of-the-art facilities, advanced technologies and the latest procedures to accomplish our mission of healing patients’ minds, bodies and spirits, and improving the health of the communities we serve.
- 19 months ago - save job