Health Care / Hospital Office Manager
Business Office Manager
Do you have a passion for customer service and enjoy being a critical member of a Leadership team?
Do you enjoy leading and/or working on cross functional teams?
Do you consider yourself an expert in Billing processes?
If so, we’d like to hear from you. We’re in need of enthusiasm and commitment to provide medical services to a rural community in a Critical Access setting and need you to help us build it the right way.
The Ocean Beach Hospital is a 25 bed licensed Critical Access Hospital located on the rural Long Beach Peninsula in Washington State. We need someone with operational experience in Billing processes with an understanding of the relationship between Admitting and Health Information that is motivated to take the initiative and own the administration and support of our Revenue Cycle operations. We are looking for someone with a passion for a good challenge, to embrace the opportunity of supporting our success in the Revenue Cycle Area. The person in this position would have oversight of the Admitting, Billing, and Health Information Departments. We have contracted with Healthland to implement an Electronic Medical Record in 2013 at the Hospital. Come join our team and make a difference!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
This position has overall responsibility for direction and management of the Health Information Department, Billing Department, and the Admitting Department. This position manages department budgets and resources to organizational priorities. Provides direction to accounts receivable billing, charging, reimbursement, Medicare compliance and customer service. Ensures quality of billing systems and processes to include charges, claim submission, cash applications, and optimization of reimbursement. Manages the activities of the patient accounting and collection functions. Establishes policies and procedures including but not limited to, patient billing, advance payments, collections, and third-party payments according to administrative and legal requirements.
This position acts as resource to Clinical Staff regarding health insurance claims and maximizing reimbursement. Oversees payer contracting, underpayment analysis, reimbursement audits, charge capture, provides support for pricing strategies and charge master, compliant document management program, compliant billing and related financial/business analysis. Facilitates effective relations with payers and providers related to managed care plans.
Supervisory responsibilities include but are not limited to: Interviewing, recommendations for hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance review; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
1. 2 – 4 years of experience as a Biller in a Health Care Facility.
2. A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare, or comparable certification plus 2 – 4 years of experience in the Billing Department at a Health Care Facility.
3. 2+ years of experience in a Leadership role, managing, planning and executing activities including; developing project plans, work breakdown structures, and project reporting.
4. Demonstrated ability to lead, facilitate, and participate in cross-functional, cross organizational work groups.
5. Demonstrated interpersonal skills including communication, facilitation, and effective meeting management, agenda development, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
6. Financial management skills, including the ability to financially analyze data for operations, budgeting, auditing, forecasting; basic accounting knowledge, AR and reserve analysis, market analysis, staffing and financial reporting skills.
7. Ability to analyze and resolve problems that affect the claim submission or resolution process.
8. Current working knowledge in the areas of registration/scheduling, charge capture, coding, cash management, managed care contractual terms health insurance practices, industry regulatory requirements, AR and financial reporting technology, wage and hour regulations, basic accounting and industry standards for healthcare revenue resolution management practices.
1. 5 – 10 years experience in a healthcare financial management environment.
2. Excellent, current and thorough understanding of all aspects of physician billing, accounts receivable and collections, RVU, allied health professionals, provider enrollment, business office operations, etc.
3. Excellent and thorough understanding of physician service agreements (PSA’s).
4. Knowledgeable in provider contract language and understanding of reimbursement processes.
5. Proficient in various software applications including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access. Familiarity with healthcare information systems and data extraction.
Reports to: Hospital Controller
Status: Full Time, exempt
Salary: TBD based on education and experience
Location: Ocean Beach Hospital
This entry was written by hr , posted on May 1, 2013 at 9:26 am , filed under Employment . Bookmark the permalink . Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post . Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.
« previous post next post »
Ocean Beach Hospital and Medical Clinics - 9 months ago