The Product Manager for Revenue Cycle is the visionary for the Revenue Cycle products. The Product Manager serves as the Liaison between the HMS Client, the HMS Sales, Training and Programming departments. The Product Manager will lead the development of HMS products by researching competition and industry trends and reviewing customer needs to develop product strategy, design plans and schedules. The Product Manager is the principle lead in defining product direction.
• Develop enhancements obtained from competitive analysis, customer advisory groups, HMS user requests, regulatory requirements and feedback from HMS internal department (i.e. Sales, Implementation, etc.).
• Assess regulatory changes such as those from CMS, HIPAA, JCAHO, and state agencies in a proactive manner and determine if software changes are needed or required. Work with programming in planning changes to product design to comply where appropriate. These changes become enhancements and follow product enhancement policies and procedures.
• When appropriate, communicate product enhancements and regulatory compliance initiatives to customer base.
• Continuously review and prioritize enhancements based on user benefits, market demand, contracts or contract addendums, prior commitments and release schedules. This includes maintaining the HMS User Request system for responsible products.
• Develop a business case and functional specifications for all enhancements.
• Work with (assist as needed) the Programming Department to develop technical specifications from the functional specifications and defined solution.
• Manage the development process to get optimal design output and manage changes to the design coming through review processes. This includes reviewing and signing off on the conformity of the designed software to the functional specifications.
• Train the education department on product enhancements and work with documentation and training teams on use of delivered software (i.e. documentation needs, business benefit, how to install, how to train, etc.).
• Work with QA department as needed in developing testing scenarios and document/communicate any special testing requirements on individual projects.
• Manage the development process through the use of resource estimates, scheduling, deadlines, etc. The product manager works closely with programming throughout the project to gain consensus on product design.
• Communicate through different forums product changes internally and externally (customers).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of BS degree in associated field of studies.
• 6+ years in a related field such as reimbursement, accounting or compliance.
HMS experience preferred.
• Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate in both writing and verbally.
• Excellent written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
• Must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives.
• Must be flexible with a “can do” attitude and have the ability to remain professional under high pressure situations.
• Ability to retain and protect confidential material.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Negative pre-employment drug screen.
• Negative Criminal and MVR backgrounds.
Healthcare Management Systems, Inc - 30+ days ago