Revenue Improvement Project Coordinator
Job ID: 26406
City: St. Paul, MN
Location: RH - St Paul Park St Bus Office
Position Type: Full-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, normal business hours with occasional evening/weekend hours.
Hrs/Pay Period: 80
The Revenue Improvement Project Coordinator is responsible for managing mid-sized projects or multiple small size projects that improve the efficiency, quality and financial outcomes of the Regions Revenue Cycle. This individual will use a range of skills including: planning, analysis, technical expertise and all key elements of the project management process.
This individual will be responsible to work with all levels of staff within the organization with regard to the design, build and implementation of systems and operational projects, designed to improve reimbursement and revenue cycle metrics. In conjunction with the Manager, this individual will be accountable for process/technology changes and policy and procedure development within our revenue cycle, including provider enrollment, scheduling, registration, charge capture and coding, charge entry, billing, denial management, reimbursement management.
This individual will also help proactively monitor and identify training needs across Regions for specific ADT/HB related workflows. As well as training needs stemming from projects. Delivery of such identified training in person, or coordinating with appropriate person/groups for meeting training needs is also expected. Collaboration with Corporate Care Systems Training team in developing and confirming appropriateness of HB/ADT training is required.
This individual will: 1) maintain direct accountability for project execution to accomplish project objectives within timeline and resource constraints; 2) formulate measurable goals and prepare reports to monitor progress and update customers.
Impact on Services/Operations:
Maintenance of the system profiles and tables impacts the entire patient flow and billing process and must be updated as State and Federal changes are mandated. There are both patient care delivery issues and financial implications for both the hospital and clinic systems if the software applications are not maintained. Provides support to director and other supervisory staff through routine monthly meeting. Analysis of billing profiles reduces the billing errors and improves cash flow for the organization. If this maintenance is not performed correctly, it can cause the system to fail and impact and cost the organization negatively.
* Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Management, Business Administration, Computer Science or related field; OR Associate Degree with two years professional-level experience with computer systems; OR four years of professional-level experience with computer systems in lieu of degree.
* Minimum 5 years experience in healthcare, finance, customer service and/or information systems.
* Minimum 3 years of general business or healthcare experience including project leadership and/or project management experience.
* Experience using MS Office applications and flowcharting tools.
* Experience using EPIC applications, including but not limited to: Resolute Hospital Billing, HB Claims, ADT, HIM, and Contracts. With eventual EPIC Certification in One or more of the listed EPIC applications.
* Two or more years direct ambulatory or inpatient operational experience.
* Epic application experience (EpicCare, Resolute, Cadence, Prelude, Clarity).
* Medical coding knowledge of provider and payor responsibility.
* Knowledge of payor requirements for revenue capture.
* Database experience – Microsoft Access
Regions Hospital - 12 months ago