Revenue Management Specialist
This position obtains, maintains client information within various data systems for the purpose of vouchering to the State using expenditure codes in accordance with DCF’s Accounting Procedure Manual in order to draw down Federal Financial Participation. In addition, this position process client information to determine eligibility for Federal subsidy for emergency shelter, foster care and adoption services.
• Accurately enter of all required program information adhering to strict deadlines.
• Enter program referrals, admissions and discharges, authorization and placements, service events, monthly outcomes data, critical incidents and other miscellaneous information collection.
• Attend weekly unit meeting addressing unit issues, changes, sharing of information, and offering ideas or solutions to unit issues.
• Perform searches to find information requested staff such as locating client, historical information, research client eligibility history, provider placement histories and legal status history.
• Query system to assess specific information, locating and correcting data entry errors. Identify where errors are occurring and notifies system administrator of problems.
• Perform routine validation sampling.
• Assist with file audits to assess completeness of information.
• Assist in QI file auditing exercises in preparation for federal and state monitoring visits.
• Receive consumer and provider calls, log any complaints, respond to requests or assistance in a timely an effective manner by forward information to supervisor for review.
• Assist users via phone on data entry performed by field staff.
• Participate in the quality improvement process.
• Obtain and maintain appropriate case documentation (court orders, court reports and case plans), field notes, correspondence, CIS forms, birth certificates, social security cards, etc. for determining or re-determining eligibility of clients for Federal funding and for maintaining compliance.
• Assist in the completion of applications for Medicaid and Federal Funds and refers them to Economic Self Sufficiency (ESS) for eligibility determination by the Child in Care (CIC) Specialist.
• Monitor client eligibility determination by the CIC Specialist on a monthly basis.
• Assist in the completion of a SSI application for children who are deemed potentially eligible and refers the application to the Social Security Office for eligibility determination.
• Contact the Social Security Office to redirect funds to the Department of Children and Families (DCF) for children who are already receiving SSI funds.
• Enter data into the Integrated Child Welfare Services Information Systems (ICWSIS) for the purpose of vouchering the State using expenditure codes in accordance with DCF’s Accounting Procedure Manual in order to draw down Federal Financial Participation.
• Maintain open communication with Protective Investigators and Case Managers responsible for supervising cases of children in care, obtaining information on income, household composition and family resources in order to determine eligibility.
• Track and updates placement history logs showing movement from one Out of Home Care placement to another.
• Continually review files to determine eligibility for recoupment of federal funds.
• Enter processed applications in ICWSIS for Flex Fund.
• Request, as needed, Emergency Funds to pay for services and goods to prevent children from entering care.
• Attend staff meetings, in-service training and other meetings, staffings, or conferences as necessary.
• Provide technical assistance on the completion of all eligibility forms.
• Enter eligibility information into FSFN (Florida Safe Families Network).
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s Degree or equivalent preferred. Two years experience in data management and/or Medicaid eligibility determination required.
Eckerd is a drug-free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer. Eckerd utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.
Eckerd Youth Alternatives - 5 months ago
Eckerd Youth Alternatives (EYA) provides early intervention and prevention, wilderness education, residential and day treatment, and...