The Revenue Management Specialist is responsible for retrieving, analyzing, and converting volume and revenue performance data into useful information for the Sales and Marketing groups. He/She creates and presents requested reports that assess business results, influencing senior management decision making.
- Requisition #: 201040089
- Job Category: Marketing
- Operation: International Marketing
- Job Group: Specialist
- Job Grade: 10D
- Job Code: 1423
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: ATLANTA, GA 30328 - UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
The Revenue Managment Specialist manages project lifecycles, including project scope, resources, schedule, initiation, start-up/design, building, and deployment to see projects from beginning-to-end. They also retrieve and analyze shipment, volume and revenue data.
- Reviews data requests to correctly identify and understand the information needed.
- Verifies data output to spot inconsistencies and errors.
- Balances multiple projects and deployment schedules to meet stakeholder goals.
- Develops a data retrieval plan (e.g., how the query is completed, fastest way to retrieve data, etc.) to pull the data efficiently from mainframe data sources.
- Manipulates and combines data accurately to answer business questions.
- Extracts mainframe data and develops data retrieval plans.
- Prepares key findings documents to explain data analyses.
- Identifies data inconsistencies and errors during data output verification.
- Provides data implications of analyses and serves as a subject matter expert for the customer (e.g., Sales, Marketing groups, etc.) to ensure understanding of findings and gain commitment.
- Manipulates and combines data to answer business inquiries.
- Develops project plans (i.e., detailed plan, milestones, and work breakdown structures) and assigns tasks to resources to ensure that the project will be completed on time and according to specifications.
- Designs and implements communication plans to ensure those affected by projects are informed and updated.
- Balances multiple projects and deployment schedules to meet stakeholder goals and expectations.
- Develops a draft report for review, input, and approval to ensure quality customer presentations.
- Prepares final reports with key findings and updates to provide a value added deliverable to senior management.
- Presents analyses results with key findings clearly and precisely to assist in customer (i.e., senior management) decision making.
- Serves as subject matter expert on data implications and analyses. Develops process flow diagrams to document changes and updates.
- Demonstrates understanding of UPS’s business and the economic factors that drive it; identifies economic indicators that correlate with industry, UPS, and segment business performance; develops basic forecasting models.
- Familiar with primary information sources relevant to assigned area; utilizes computer-based analytical and information management tools in order to perform routine analysis; documents approach and findings; reviews results with others as appropriate.
- Identifies key factors behind basic problems and establish a path to solve them; proposes approaches to solve more complicated problems; investigates and diagnoses anomalies in routine business results.
- Demonstrates an understanding of basic project planning processes, including planning action items and resources.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of statistical terminology and understanding of analyses and/or tests (e.g. measures of central tendency, standard deviation correlation, analysis of variance (ANOVA), simple linear regression, significance testing, etc.); displays the ability to calculate basic statistics.
- Bachelor's Degree - Business, General Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree - Marketing Preferred
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Work Authorization
- Same geographic location as the job
- Bachelor's degree
- Business/analytical experience
- Experience using advanced Excel functionalities
- Experience using advanced Access functionalities
If you are a current UPS Employee, please apply to this position via - UPSERs.com - "My career" tab and follow the process accordingly.
UPS - 20 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...