Joie de Vivre Hotels is looking for a motivated, hands-on, & experienced Revenue Manager to manage pricing and inventory for the Custom Hotel near LAX.
Job Overview: The Revenue Manager will be responsible for making timely and accurate pricing and inventory updates. Specifically this will include: IDS/GDS/CRO/PMS rate and room inventory maintenance; IDS/GDS/CRO pace and production tracking; all systems’ maintenance related to hotel information, updating of room and rate allocations. The Revenue Manager will work with the Regional Director of Revenue Management to help oversee the hotels’ competitive presence in the Global Distribution Systems and the various Internet Distribution Systems. Revenue Manager will also assist in ad-hoc reporting and need based projects. The position supports the Regional Director of Revenue in meeting budgeted occupancy, ADR and revenue goals.
This position is also highly administrative in the day to day inputting of reservations.
Qualifications/Skills: Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
2 years of experience in Reservations and/or Front Office
1. High comfort level with working in hotel inventory management systems: IDS/GDS/CRO systems
2. Excellent Communication skills
3. Ability to communicate well with a variety of positions and IDS/GDS/CRO partners
4.. Strong evaluation skills
5. Ability to accurately compute and manipulate mathematical calculations.
6. Comfortable being an agent of change management
7. Expertise in working with Excel and producing reports using other computer applications.
8. Ability to effectively relate and communicate with internal customers and outside vendors, collect information and resolve conflicts
9. Confidence, ability to perform well under pressure, be able to multi task and prioritize
10. Organizational & time management skills
11. Have a “hands on” approach
12. Strong computer and time management skills
1. Previous experience in Revenue Management, Sales, or Guest Services
2. Attended Revenue Management seminars
3. Experience in a variety of economic situations
4. Experience working in a cluster revenue management environment
5. Ability to manage 5+ hotel inventory management strategies that support their unique goals, as well as the corporate revenue management initiatives.
6. Knowledge of various systems such as Opera, and IDS extranets
Essential Job Functions:
Loads and maintains accurate rates and inventory allotments in the IDS/GDS/CRO and property PMS in a timely manner to promote rate parity throughout all booking channels.
Loads all preferred, consortia and promotional rates in GDS and PMS
Works with Sales,GDS partner and clients to address any GDS rate loading issues
Helps manage all overbooking situations along with Revenue Manager and Front Office Manager
Implements the strategies relative to stay restrictions, rate restrictions as provided by the Rev Director
Quarterly updates of competitive hotel set information including room mix, amenities, public/event space, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
Monitors and reports out competitive hotel set short and long term pricing via direct hotel contact, Rate view, STAR and
Hotelligence reports, as well as review of pricing on the Internet via hotel websites and the IDS.
Maintains a pick-up report for each hotel, comparing total hotel and transient pick-up week over week.
Create referral program to encourage competitive hotels to send their overflow.
Monitors performance of all special rate offerings including, promotional discounts, package plans, JOLC awards, and any other property level special rates and/or discounts.
Secondary Job Functions:
Assists the Rev Director in maintaining the relationships with top IDS partners and CRO.
- Update and assign JDV web codes
Joie de Vivre Hospitality - 13 months ago
You might say this company has a zest for hotel life. Joie de Vivre Hospitality operates boutique hotels, with more than 30 properties in...