A large public biotechnology company is looking to add a Revenue Manager to their Accounting Team. In this role, the Revenue Manager will support the revenue recognition function, including the set-up and review of complex contracts, application of accounting guidance and identification of inherent risks, identification of corresponding journal entries, and ownership of general ledger accounts.
- Review contracts, sales orders and purchase orders to assess proper revenue recognition treatment, including the identification of contractual elements.
- Perform fair value analyses for multiple element arrangements.
- Perform periodic audits of orders for proper revenue recognition, data entry and billing accuracy.
- Implement revenue recognition reporting and process improvements based upon industry trends, authoritative literature and business objectives.
- Participate in quarterly revenue forecasting procedures.
- Manage compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Support ongoing SEC reporting requirements as necessary.
- Establish controls necessary to ensure that revenue forecasts, deferred revenue balances and revenue accounting execution are compliant with company policy and GAAP.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field.
- 7+ years of experience, with a background in a Big 4 public accounting firm.
- Experience in the application of ASC 605 and working knowledge of all other current authoritative literature related to revenue recognition is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated experience in interacting with all levels of management.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to develop and mentor staff.
- Experience with JD Edwards, Salesforce.com, Insight software and Quickbase is a plus.
Vaco offers consulting, contract and direct hire solutions in the areas of accounting, finance, technology, healthcare, operations and...