Y ou are cordially invited to consider LivePerson the market leader in real-time intelligent customer engagement, and a dynamic and high-growth company, as your next place to work, contribute and grow. From the largest global enterprises to one-person businesses, our 8,500 customers trust us to deliver increased sales conversions, higher order values and lower support costs.
We believe that success is driven primarily by human connections between employees, partners, and of course, each individual customer. Our mission is to help companies create deeper connections with their customers, and our investment in real-time analytics, metrics and our world-class platform makes this possible at scale. Fast-paced and entrepreneurial, we view our workplace of five hundred globally distributed staff as a single community, strengthened by our values of personal ownership and a commitment and the belief that every interaction is an opportunity for lasting connection.
This role is a newly created position provides strategic pricing guidance and deal structure to the sales organization in order to enhance the deal flow process and to maximize profitability. This is an opportunity to build and establish the Deal Desk framework within one of the fastest growing companies in the customer engagement space. The Deal Desk plays a critical role in driving value, efficiency, profitability and oversight and interacts with the Finance, Legal, Product Management and Sales organizations.
The right individual for this role possess initiative and vision to succeed in a complex, collaborative and expanding team.
What you will own:
What you will bring:
- Global ownership of the deal and contract process including all strategic pricing and analysis, financial governance, and review of all terms and conditions.
- Provides discount review and final sign off on all strategic deals prior to Order Form/SOW delivery.
- Continuously improve and enhance business process to drive efficiencies across the teams.
- Focused on ensuring all contracts maximize total deal value while limiting risk/exposure to the business.
- Provide proactive support, guidance and creative solutions to the sales team in order to help drive new deals as well as for renewal/upsell opportunities, while being aware of relevant customer information, provisioning and current invoicing.
- Work with customers and prospects to resolve inquiries, including the customer contract and PO processes, on an as needed basis.
- Work with Sales, Sales Operations and Legal throughout contract negotiations and provide suggestions and assistance in order to ensure proper revenue recognition and sales compensation.
- Ensure compliance with all LivePerson pricing and contract terms.
- Processing of contracts and orders, while ensuring all required documentation is in place and in compliance with policy.
- Interact with various internal business partners including MIS, FP&A, Sales, Sales Operations, Account Management and Professional Services on a wide variety of topics.
- Improve contract flow policies and procedures and own the documentation for SOX purposes.
- Drive best practices and process improvement recommendations to teams.
- Continuously improve and enhance process to drive a smoother, easier and more frictionless experience.
- Provide deal structuring and revenue recognition training to Sales teams.
- Work with CFO to develop and maintain discount approval matrix.
- Interact with the billing group to resolve outstanding issues.
- Identify key metrics and construct in-depth analysis across our data streams to drive enhanced business planning.
*Please note that LivePerson does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, LivePerson will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, LivePerson explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
- Experience in SAAS company is required.
- 7+ years of experience with software deal structuring, negotiations, software pricing or related functional areas, including a minimum of 3 years of experience in global revenue operations.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of SOX and software revenue recognition practices, including arrangements with multiple deliverables.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems using sound judgment and creatively determine solutions in order to effectively resolve issues.
- Exercise significant independent judgment and business acumen within the broadly defined Deal Desk policies and practices to determine best method for achieving key objectives.
- Possess strong business acumen and work effectively across multiple business teams and functional levels within an organization.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Be able to adapt and respond in a rapidly growing company across multiple countries.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational, analytical and independent problem-solving skills as well as strong presentation skills.
- Salesforce.com experiences a must.
- SAP/Apttus/Zuora experience is a plus.
- Prior experience documenting process narratives for internal and SOX purposes.
- Experience with U.S. public company with multiple foreign offices a plus.
- Solid MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills.
LivePerson, Inc. - 13 months ago